A vibrant, fresh and punchy salad that dazzle your guests at the next outdoor lunch or dinner. This salad pairs perfectly with a hardy meat or a filling in a taco or burrito.
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 25 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins
- 100g Forbidden® Red Rice
- 100g Forbidden® Green Rice
- 100g Forbidden® White Rice
- Half Bunch Coriander
- Half Bunch Mint
- 2 Corn Cobs (200g Corn)
- 1 Long Green Chillies
- 2 Medium Tomatoes, Dice Fine
- 3 Green Shallots, Finely Sliced
- 10g Sea Salt
- 15ml Sherry Vinegar
- 30ml Vegetable Oil
- Cook the three different rice packets separately to ensure grains hold their unique colour and flavour and do not mix together. Cook as per the methods on the packaging.
- Drain the rice and lightly oil then spread out on a plate or tray to cool. Allow the rice to cool completely before mixing it together. Break up the rice by hand while mixing together if any clumps have formed.
- Finely dice the green chilli (no seeds), tomato and green shallots.
- Place the corn cobs in boiling water and let the corn cook in the hot water until tender or about 5 minutes. Using tongs, remove the corn and plunge it into the ice water until cool. Then slice the corn of the cob.
- Mix with the rice and season with salt, oil and vinegar.
- Mix in the corn and the roughly chopped coriander and mint.
Credit: Chef - Laura Neville, Photographer - Bianca Milani