This Sticky Rice made with Chinese Sausage and Dried Shrimp is seriously delicious! Using Forbidden® Black Rice, it favours the spice of Schezwan Pepper whilst enhancing the saltiness of the Chinese Sausage. Made in a similar way to risotto, this sticky rice dish will be sure to impress.
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins
- 250g Forbidden® Black Rice
- 50g Dried Shrimp
- 50g Chinese Sausage (Lap Chong*), sliced into thin strips.
- ½ bunch Spring onions, finely sliced and separated into white and green sections
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 200g Baby Corn, chopped
- 1litre Salt-reduced Chicken Stock
- 5g Salt
- 5g Schezwan pepper
- Bring the chicken stock to the boil and set aside.
- Fry Chinese sausage in dry fry pan over medium heat until the fat starts to come out.
- Add in shrimp and continue to cook until fragrant and aromatic and the shrimp starts to crisp.
- Add white section of spring onions, capsicum and baby corn to the pan and lightly fry.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove ingredients into a bowl, making sure to leave fat in fry pan.
- Place pan over heat and add Black Rice and fry in remaining fat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of chicken stock and stir until rice and absorbed liquid. Once absorbed, add another cup and continue to repeat until consistency of risotto is reached.
- Add sausage and shrimp mix back to the rice along with the green section of spring onions and stir through.
- Portion up into bowls and garnish with coriander and chilli if desired.
*Lap Chong is commonly found in Asian Grocery Stores.