Eliza from Melbourne made this porridge recipe and was kind enough to share it with us. Love the crunch of the seeds with the sweetness of the sauce and black rice.
Serves: 2 | Hands-On Time: 10mins | Cooking Time: 35mins
- 1 cup Forbidden Black Rice
- 1/2 cup milk (any kind), heated
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- Blueberry sauce
- 3 kiwi fruits (sliced)
Tip: You can use any type of fruit that is in season.
- Add 1 cup of rice to 3.5 cups of water. Add salt to taste.
- Bring to the boil over high heat, then cover and reduce to simmer for 35 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed by the rice and the grains are soft.
- Divide the rice evenly between 2 bowls.
- Pour heated milk over rice and stir through.
- Top with kiwi fruit, seeds and drizzle with blueberry sauce.
Thanks to Eliza T from Melbourne for submitting this recipe.