A twist on the Spanish classic 'Paella Negra', this paella dish is a dramatic feast incorporating black rice. Black, shiny and delicious - it'll be the star of the show next time you're hosting a dinner.
Serves: 4 | Hands-On Time: 20mins | Cooking Time: 25mins
- 2 cups Forbidden Black Rice
- 200g garfish, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 chorizo, sliced thinly
- 1 squid, cut into strips
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 white onion, diced
- 400g pipis
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 cup fish stock
- Lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with garden herbs. (sage leaves, mint, celery sprouts, basil radish leaves, etc)
- Cook Forbidden Black Rice as instructed on package, set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan and sauté onions and garlic.
- Add sliced chorizo and cook for a further 3 mins or until chorizo has started to colour.
- Increase the heat and add squid, fish and pipis.
- Add the stock to the pot and bring to the boil.
- Boil down stock and once the pipis have opened add the black rice. Stirring gently to avoid breaking the fish to much.
- Season with lemon juice salt, pepper and paprika.
- Check for seasoning and discard any pipis that have not opened.
- Garnish with garden herbs.
Credits: Chef - Duncan McCance | Styling - Sarah Egan | Photographer - Bianca