A kindly shared recipe from Kimberly Moore & Beverly Pipes @hungrygoddess this recipe is all about autumn. Serve it for a family dinner, potluck event or holiday table – the colours and flavors of the Quinoa and Black Rice salad is just amazing.
Serves: 4-6 | Preparation time: 30 mins | Cook time: 45 mins
- 1/2 cup Black Rice
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt plus more
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups butternut squash diced
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (shelled & roasted & salted)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 tablespoon pepper
- Prepare rice and quinoa per directions on each package.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add diced butternut squash, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Mix quinoa and rice & allow to slightly cool.
- Mix dressing ingredients and stir into quinoa and rice mixture.
- Add butternut squash and cranberries and toss.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss in pumpkin seeds.
- Serve and enjoy!
Image and recipe courtesy of "The Hungry Goddess Eats"