When i need a hug and a hearty meal i turn to a meat dish with a whole lot of beans and black rice. It's the best way to battle those colder days!
Serves: 2-4 | Hands-On Time: 20m | Total Time: 45m
- 100g Red kidney beans
- 100g Baby lima beans
- 100g Butter beans
- 100g Chick peas
- 200g Lamb, cut into strips
- 200g Forbidden Black Rice
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 cloves of garlic, diced
- Salt, pepper and paprika
- Basil leaves
- 500g Tomato chutney or relish
- Sear 'lamb in pan' with onion & garlic. Do not caramelise.
- Cook the Forbidden Black Rice as instructed on pack.
- Cover the lamb with 500 grams of sweet tomato chutney or relish and place into pan. Sit for 10 minutes.
- Pour in bean mix, add a couple of leaves of basil, salt pepper and a sprinkle of paprika.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Layer meat and beans on the rice and garnish as needed.
A BIG Thank you to Bianca from Melbourne for submitting this lovely recipe. Keep 'em coming!