Black rice pudding with coconut cream is a classic dish and the perfect winter warmer treat. Garnish with all your favourite fruits and nuts and you’ll be hooked!
Serves: 2 | Hands-On Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 30 mins
- cup Forbidden Black Rice
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped palm sugar with 1/2 cup of water
- 1 200ml tin coconut cream
- Add fresh bananas or mangoes and raspberries in season
- Optional pandan leaves
- Place rice, pandan leaves (optional), salt and water in a heavy-based pot. Bring to the boil and simmer on medium heat.
- Meanwhile, grate the palm sugar and add to the water. Bring to the boil and simmer until the sugar dissolves (about five minutes). When the rice has been cooking 20 minutes, add the syrup and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve warm on a wintry night with cold coconut cream and fresh colourful fruit.