Black rice is the perfect bedding to a pan seared salmon. The contrasts in textures and colours are exquisite and will be a talking point the next time you host a dinner.
Serves: 4 | Hands-On Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 30 mins
- 1 cup Forbidden Black Rice
- 1 broccoli head, florets only, chopped (approx 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1/4 bunch dill, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
- Cook Forbidden Black Rice as instructed on package.
- Blanch broccoli florets in hot water until tender and set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil in a hot pan and place salmon skin side down for approximately 3-4 minutes until skin is lightly browned and crispy.
- Turn salmon onto an oven tray and further cook in oven for 4-8 minutes.
- Add the radish, fennel, dill and broccoli to black rice and toss to combine.
- Divide black rice salad on serving plates and arrange cooked salmon fillets on top.
- Squeeze lemon juice.
- Salt and pepper to taste.