Lemon chicken & white rice is that asian dish that delivers tangy, zesty flavours but also doesn't require much effort to prepare. We've also shaped the wonderful organic white rice with a bowl for some extra flair on plate!
Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 15m | Cook Time: 25m
- 1 cup of Forbidden Organic White Rice
- 1/4 cup veg oil
- 1/4 cup cashews raw
- 2 chicken breast skin off roughly 200g each cut in large dice 2cm x 2cm
- 1 knob ginger thinly sliced (thumb size)
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, washed and trimmed
- 1 hand full of snow peas, washed and trimmed
- 2 lemons juiced and 1 zested
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- Cook Forbidden Foods white rice as per instructions on packet.
- While rice is cooking, heat half the vegetable oil in a wok over medium heat until just smoking. Add ¼ cup of vegetable oil and cashews and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until toasted. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining oil in the wok over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken and stir-fry until lightly brown. Transfer to a bowl. Reheat wok and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Keep remaining oil in the wok over medium-high heat. Add sesame oil, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, sugar and stir-fry for until ginger softens. Add the buk choy and snow peas and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry until heated through and everything is well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set to side in serving bowl.
- Spoon the rice between bowls and top with the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with the toasted cashews and serve immediately.
Credit: Chef - Mel Rajic, Photography - Bianca Milani, Styling - Sarah Egan.