"A great recipe for sharing amongst friends and getting everyone involved in the process. I also like to mix up the fillings and then cut them into halves so people can try the different combinations." - Benjamin Conroy, Forbidden Foods Chef
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 15m | Cook Time: 20m
- 1 1/2 cups cooked Red Rice
- 1 tin 4 bean mix drained and washed
- 1 tin chopped organic tomatoes
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 chipotle chillies (this will be hot)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 spanish onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 avocado
- ½ bunch coriander
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup shredded parmesan
- 1 pack Mission super soft wraps (these are the best for folding)
- 2 fresh limes
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a heavy based frypan, add the onions and garlic and cook gently until lightly coloured. Add the spices, chipotle chilies and cook for a further 2 minutes on low heat or until fragrant.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, rice, beans and 1 cup of water stir to combine, bring to boil then reduce to simmer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime pick and wash the coriander and slice the avocado.
- Taste the bean mix and season with salt, pepper and a little sugar if necessary.
- To construct the burritos- start by spreading the sour cream onto the base followed by the chipotle rice mix, cheese, finish with coriander and avocado.
- Fold over the tortilla until just covering filling, tuck in both side and then tightly wrap the tortilla. Place seam down on a plates and serve immediately with lime wedges and extra sour cream.
Credit: Chef - Benjamin Conroy, Photography - Bianca Milani.