Chilli Con Carne is a recipe for the masses. It's simple, has a huge flavour hit and very fulfilling. Enjoy amigo!
Serves: 4 | Hands-On Time: 30m | Total Time: 90m
- 1 cup of Forbidden Green Rice
- 1 cup of black beans/kidney beans
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 corn cob
- 2 tins of diced tomatoes
- 1 full chilli
- 1 tsp of cumin.
To Serve:- 1 lemon
- 1 avocado
- 1 fresh tomato
- Grated cheese, as needed
- Packet of Pitta wraps
- Rinse the black beans, cover with 3 cups of fresh water and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer covered for 50 minutes, skimming off any foam. (Add water if liquid reduces prior to beans being cooked)
- When beans are finished cook Forbidden green rice as instructed on package, cool and set aside.
- Thinly slice peppers, dice onion and garlic and cut corn kernels off cob.
- In a large pot lightly fry peppers, onion, garlic and corn in olive oil.
- Add tin diced tomatoes and beans and bring to the boil.
- Add cumin – salt & pepper (to taste) and diced full chilli. Let simmer for 20 mins.
- Warm pitas in the oven and serve chilli non carne with fresh avocado, fresh tomatoes and grated cheese.
- Garnish with lemon wedge.