If you are cooking for the vegetarians in the household this simple recipe can be used as a main course or alternatively it can be created as a side to some red meat. Try our stuffed capsicum recipe at your next BBQ!
Serves: 4 | Hands-On Time: 30m | Total Time: 40m
- 1 cup of Forbidden Foods Black Rice
- 500g of fetta
- 1 large carrot
- 4 large capsicums
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Cook Forbidden Black Rice as instructed on package, cool and set aside.
- Grate carrots into a large bowl, along with finely chopped basil leaves (approx 20 leaves).
- Combine rice, fetta, carrots and basil leaves in the large mixing bowl using hands (Add salt and pepper to taste).
- Chop the head off the top of the capsicum and hollow out seeds.
- Fill capsicums with black rice stuffing, place in cooking tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook in oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes or until capsicums a slightly scorched.