These red rice patties are great when entertaining because they are so quick, easy and healthy. Also a great way to use up any excess cooked rice you've got from another dish!
Serves: 2-4 | Hands-On Time: 30m | Total Time: 30m
- 1 ½ cups Forbidden Foods Red Rice
- ½ a butternut pumpkin
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 medium sized carrots
- Garnish: Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook Forbidden Red Rice as instructed on package, cool and set aside.
- Chop pumpkin, carrots and sweet potato into cubes, leaving skin on. Place in a large pot of water. Add salt to taste. Bring to the boil and cook until pumpkin, potato and carrots are soft.
- Drain water, set aside and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl place Forbidden Red Rice, sweet potato, pumpkin and carrots. Using hands; mix together, until all ingredients are combined evenly.
- Add salt to taste and combine lightly again.
- Make small patties approx 10 cm in diameter.
- Place a drizzle of olive oil in a hot pan. Cook patties until golden brown on both sides.