A Middle Eastern inspired starter for your next dinner party.
Serves: 2-4 | Hands-On Time: 20m | Total Time: 40m
- 1 ½ cups Forbidden Foods Black Rice
- ½ cup of fetta
- ½ cup of fresh spinach
- ¼ cup of pine nuts
- ½ cup Sesame seeds to coat
- ½ cup of flour or to keep it gluten free, rice flour.
- Garnish: 1 pomegranate, Greek yogurt
Salt to taste
- Cook Forbidden Black Rice as instructed on package, cool and set aside.
- Blend pine nuts and spinach in blender until a smooth paste.
- Place cooked rice, fetta, spinach and pine nuts in a large mixing bowl and mix together with hands until all ingredients are combined evenly. Using hands, make golf ball sized croquettes. Alternating between sesame seeds and flour (or rice flour), cover balls and place in baking tray.
- Add two big drizzles of olive oil on the bottom of the baking tray. Roll croquettes around covering them with the oil.
- Place croquettes in oven until lightly toasted, then flip and lightly toast the under side.
Notes: Garnish with pomegranate and Greek yogurt for dipping(optional).