This pandan steamed forbidden green rice with baby vegetables is a fragrant and flavourful recipe. The pandan leaves when cooked have a sweet, unique flavour. These flavours carry through the rice and vegetables and the fried egg, as a garnish, just tops it off. A spectacular looking dish.
Serves: 2-4 | Hands-On Time: 15mins | Cooking Time: 45mins
- 2 cups Forbidden Green Rice
- 1 Bunch brocoloni
- 1 Zucchini
- 100g Baby spinach
- 100g Enoki mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- Thai basil
- 1 Egg
- Pandan leaves (available at Asian grocers)
- Cook 2 cups of Forbidden Green Rice with 2.5 cups water and salt to taste.
- Bring to boil over high heat, reduce and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In separate bowl mix all ingredients except egg and pandan leaves.
- Tie pandan leaves together to resemble a basket. Fill with green rice and baby vegetables.
- Place this in a bamboo steamer over a wok partially filled with water on stove top.
- Steam 15 minutes or until vegetables are cooked with slight crunch.
- Serve with a fried egg and a charred lemon cheek.
Note:If you do not have pandan leaves, a wok or bamboo steamer on hand, no stress, you can steam the vegetables the traditional method and combine with the rice.
Credits: Chef - Melissa Rajic | Styling - Sarah Egan | Photographer - An Architect Photographed My Undies & Timothy Treasure