This delicious red Thai curry recipe is not only quick & easy to prepare but also good for you. Forbidden Red Rice is a long grain which lends itself perfectly to this style of cooking. The fresh king prawns given the curry weight and the mango provides a subtle sweetness to balance the mild spices.
Serves: 2-4 | Hands-On Time: 15mins | Cooking Time: 30mins
- 1 cup Forbidden Red Rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons red Thai curry paste (or according to taste)
- 200ml coconut milk
- 250ml chicken stock (made from concentrate)
- 2 teaspoons Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 350 grams of butternut pumpkin,diced
- 200 grams of fresh king prawns, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 150 grams of mangoes, cubed
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander garnish
- Cook Forbidden Red Rice as instructed on pack. Set to side.
- Heat oil in a large frypan then add the curry paste, fry until fragrant.
- Whisk in the coconut milk, chicken stock and fish sauce and bring to the boil.
- Add in the butternut pumpkin and simmer, partially covered, for about 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Add fresh king prawns into the pan, letting the sauce come back to the boil.
- When sauce has come to the boil, add the lime juice and diced mango and cook for another minute or so until the prawns are cooked through. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with Forbidden Red Rice.
Credits: Chef - Melissa Rajic | Styling - Sarah Egan | Photographer - An Architect Photographed My Undies / Timothy Treasure