This is a recipe and image by Trudy Smith, appliance expert and foodie at Cookwise. Trudy has done an amazing Japanese salad using the green rice, cooked in a steam oven. Here is the original post, which i have placed below.
Serves: 4-6 | Cooking Time: 35mins
- 1 cup of Forbidden Green Rice, washed quickly.
- 1¼ cups water
- pinch salt
- 1 carrot finely grated
- Handful bamboo shoots
- Handful snow pea sprouts
- 150g firm tofu, cubed
- 1/2 cup Edamane beans after shelling
- 1tbsp grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 70g onion (1 medium)
- 2tsp Gluten free soy sauce
- 2½ tbsp. rice vinegar
- ½tsp sugar
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1tsp seseme oil
- 1tbsp Peanut oil – or more to your liking up to 1/4 cup
- Touch salt & pepper to taste
Tip: You can use any type of fruit that is in season.
- Cook rice in water @ 100°C for 30 minutes. Fluff with a fork, remove and set aside to cool.
- Grate the carrot and mix through all other ingredients into the rice when it’s cold.
- Blend all dressing ingredients in a small food processor until combined. Stir through rice mixture but retain a little to drizzle over the salmon if you are serving it with fish.
- Taste and season.
Tip: To turn this salad in to a large main, just add a lovely piece of salmon. For all your Steam Oven and Combi Steam Oven information head to www.cookwise.com.au.