Posted on March 24, 2013 by Forbidden FoodsPushing the boundaries with cooking is something we can all really appreciate. Going out on a limb with cooking in hope that it produces a new fantastic recipe is not for the fainthearted. I would like to think that the team here at Forbidden Foods are forever trialling and experimenting with rice recipes but it’s really you at home that continues to amaze us!
Ingredients (for 5 thin base pizzas or 4 thick base pizzas):
-10 cups '00' flour
-I cup Forbidden black rice
-28g dry yeast (it comes in 7g sachets, so use 4 sachets)
-1 tablespoon salt
-1200 ml very warm water
1. Cook black rice according to package instructions. Allow to cool.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a basin or large bowl (the dough has to double in size so ensure the bowl is large enough), add the cooled rice, mix again and then make a well in the center.
3. Pour in 1 litre of the water and mix. Little by little keep pouring in the remaining water until you have moist yet stiff dough. Cover the dough with a clean tea towel and allow to double in size.
4. When the dough has risen, divide evenly into 4 or 5 balls and place on greased pizza trays and stretch it out to the edges of the tray (tip: dip your fingers in olive oil so that the dough doesn't stick as you spread it out).
5. Preheat oven to 200°C
6. Top bases with your favourite toppings!
7. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbling and the base is cooked through.
Some ideas for toppings:
-pesto, prosciutto, fior di latte cheese, sliced vine ripened tomatoes (top with basil leaves once it's cooked)
-sauce, olives, sliced mushrooms, sliced red capsicums, shredded mozzarella, sliced red onion
-sauce, salami, shredded mozzarella, chilli, olives
Thank you Eliza, we look forward to your next creation! =)
If anyone reading this has a new or exciting black rice recipe that you would like to share then send it in to email@example.com.
The Forbidden Foods Team